Disney Princess Moana’s: Moana is the protagonist of Disney’s animated feature film of the same name, released in 2016.
Moana was born in the island settlement of Motunui, the daughter of Chief Tui and Sina, with an inherited love of the seas and voyaging.
“I am Moana of Motunui. You will board my boat, sail across the sea and restore the heart of Te Fiti!”―Moana―Moana
Disney Princess Moana’s Biography, Adventure Park, Images, Baby Doll, Story
|Full name||Moana Waialiki|
|Title||Princess of Motunui|
|Family||Chief Tui (father)|
When her island is threatened by life-threatening darkness, Moana is chosen by the ocean to cross the sea and save the world—with the help of the shape-shifting demigod Maui.
Moana is the series’ eleventh official Disney Princess. As Gramma Tala puts it, Moana “stands out from the crowd.”uniquebiography.com
She is a sea lover who is also headstrong, determined, strong-willed, brave, and physically capable. Though she has her moments of self-doubt,
he is extremely proud of who she is and is generally unwilling to back down from new challenges. Moana takes new experiences and tasks very seriously.
She will battle for what she values even when it appears that all is lost. Despite her small stature, she can project an imposing presence.
Moana Waialiki Background
Moana is the vibrant, tenacious and optimistic daughter of the Chief of Motunui, thriving on her island but drawn to the ocean. When her island is threatened by a dark force, Moana sets sail outside the reef and her comfort zone to right a wrong, save her people, and find the answers she’s been searching for her whole life.
She has defeated the terrifying monsters and insurmountable obstacles across Oceania’s oceans, relying nearly entirely on her cleverness.
Moana depicts a young girl who defies expectations for the betterment of her island.
In the film, Moana transforms from a kid to a teenager, and Auli’i Cravalho, who plays Moana, verified her character’s age in an interview.
|Films||FeaturedSnow White and the Seven DwarfsCinderellaSleeping BeautyThe Little MermaidBeauty and the BeastAladdinPocahontasMulanThe Princess and the FrogTangledBraveMoanaSequelsThe Return of JafarAladdin and the King of ThievesBeauty and the Beast: |
The Enchanted ChristmasPocahontas II: Journey to a New WorldThe Little Mermaid II: Return to the SeaCinderella II: Dreams Come TrueCinderella III: A Twist in TimeMulan IITangled: Before Ever AfterPrequelsBeauty and the Beast: Belle’s Magical WorldThe Little Mermaid: Ariel’s BeginningShortsTangled Ever AfterThe Legend of Mor’duDisney Princess Enchanted Tales: Follow Your DreamsLive-actionMaleficentCinderellaBeauty and the BeastAladdinMaleficent: Mistress of EvilMulan
|Television||The Little MermaidAladdinSing Me a Story with BelleRapunzel’s Tangled Adventure|
|Albums||Disney’s Princess FavoritesDisney Princess: The Ultimate Song CollectionDisney Princess Tea PartyUltimate Disney Princess|
|Spin-offs||DescendantsDisney’s DescendantsDescendants 2Descendants 3Descendants: Wicked WorldDescendants: School of SecretsOtherSofia the FirstThe 7DElena of AvalorElena and the Secret of Avalor|
|Related||PrincesBeastAladdinFlynn RiderMediaIf You Can DreamMickey’s Pirate and Princess PartyDisney Princess: Enchanted JourneyKingdom HeartsDisney Princess: My Fairytale AdventureRalph Breaks the Internet|
Disney Princess Moana’s Age And Personal Features
Moana is 16 years old and stands out from past Disney princesses and heroines due to her slim yet muscular form.
Her brown eyes, thick brows, large brownish-pink lips, and long, wavy black hair are all features she possesses.
Moana normally wears her hair down, except while sailing, when she ties it in a top bun. Moana’s costumes are entire of Tapa, Pandanus, leaves, feathers, and other Motunui-sourced natural resources.
Her everyday attire consists of a red Tapa crop top with a layered design and seashells around the edges.
She has a crimson sash that matches her skirt, which is fashioned of shredded Pandanas and layered Tapa and has a slit for mobility on her voyage.
When she leads on Motunui, she wears a lei consisting of green leaves and pink flowers. After Gramma Tala’s death, Moana wears her blue necklace containing Te Fiti’s heart.
Moana also wears a Samoan-inspired ceremonial dress with a red Tapa top and skirt with red tassels, a white Pandanus collar, skirt, and belt, red-feathered arm cuffs, and green leaf bracelets, both with white
Moana Waialiki Physical appearance
At 16 years old, Moana of Motunui has a slender yet muscular build that sets her apart from previous Disney princesses and heroines. She has brown eyes with thick eyebrows, full brownish-pink lips, and long, wavy, black hair. Moana usually wears her hair down, only tying it in a top bun sporadically when sailing.
Moana’s outfits are all made out of Tapa, Pandanus, leaves, feathers, and other natural resources found on Motunui. For her regular outfit, she wears a crop top made out of red Tapa with a layered style accessorized with seashells along the perimeter.
She wears a red sash made from the same material that wraps around her skirt made out of shredded Pandanas and layered Tapa, with a slit for mobility purposes on her journey. When leading on Motunui, she wears a lei made out of green leaves and pink flowers. After Gramma Tala’s death, Moana dons her blue necklace that carries in it the heart of Te Fiti.
During a brief dancing scene in “Where You Are“, Moana wears a dress similar in style to her regular outfit, this time with a red skirt and a white top adorned with a white Pandanus collar, seashell necklace, and a lei made out of green leaves and white flowers, as well as bracelets and anklets on both hands and feet made out of the same material and encrusted with white seashells.
Moana also wears a Samoan-inspired ceremonial dress during the same song with a red Tapa top and skirt adorned with red tassels, a white Pandanus collar, skirt, and belt, red-feathered arm cuffs, and green leaf bracelets, both with white seashells around the edge. The dress is topped off with a traditional Samoan headdress made out of shredded red Pandanus, white feathers, seashells, and other natural items found throughout Motunui.
The final outfit Moana wears in the film is her voyager dress in the film’s epilogue. Moana’s voyager dress is made out of fresh leaves and plants in contrast to her previous outfits, all made out of dried materials. Moana’s top is made out of bright red leaves to symbolize her new role as Chief of Motunui. Her belt is made out of red Tapa with a panel of green leaves cascading down the layered skirt made out of shredded Pandanus. Moana wears a lei made out of red and green leaves and encrusted with white flowers, as well as a leaf cuff on her left arm and on her right ankle.
Moana Waialiki Abilities
- Ocean connection: Though Moana does not technically possess the skill to bend water to her will, she does share a unique and exclusive connection with the ocean itself. Sometimes the ocean helps her when she’s in need. For example, when Maui leaves Moana with her boat, and repeatedly throwing her overboard, the ocean popped her back on board, dripping wet.
- Athleticism: Growing up on an island has provided Moana with an environment that allows her to use her strength and agility to traverse throughout it. As seen during “How Far I’ll Go”, Moana is physically dominant, as she was seen zip-lining and running at a fast pace without losing stamina. She also has a natural talent for swimming and can endure being underwater for a considerably long period of time for a human. During her brief time trapped in Maui’s cave, Moana demonstrated incredible leg strength by moving and toppling over a statue of the demigod many times her size and weight, so she can climb out through a tiny crevice. Moana also held her own while fighting back against the Kakamora and has demonstrated that she is able to outrun various monsters.
- Master sailor: Though inexperienced at first, Moana has always been drawn to the sea as a result of her ancestral heritage. When she first embarked set sail with Pua in an attempt to go beyond the reef, her sailing skills left much to be desired, and as a result, she was nearly killed by the strong currents. However, she made it passed almost effortlessly the same night, and throughout her adventures with Maui, steadily learned various necessities and tricks that would ultimately lead her to become a talented sailor – and by extension – a master navigator.
- seashells around the edge, as well as a white Pandanus collar, skirt, and belt, red-feathered arm cuffs, and red-feathered arm.
- A traditional Samoan headpiece of shredded red Pandanus, white feathers, seashells, and other natural objects found across Motunui completes the ensemble.
- To signify her as Chief of Motunui, Moana’s top is composed of vivid red leaves. Her belt is composed of scarlet Tapa.
- Her skirt is fabricated with shredded Pandanus with a panel of green leaves cascading down the layers. Moana wears a red and green leaf lei with white flowers encrusted and a leaf cuff on her left arm and right ankle.